Kariazam is a brilliant young woman who is making her way through Engineering school, and telling us all about her journey along the way through her insightful observations.
Mitali (Peppy Notes) is a bubbly blogger new to my list of reads, but definitely an enjoyable add. Her page is colorful, full of humor, and much true to its name “Peppy Notes!!”
The Liebster Award is completely new to me so I am just going to follow suit from the 2 lovely ladies that have nominated me, and hope I’m doing this right!
1. Acknowledge the blogger(s) who nominated you
2. Provide 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked
4. Nominate 5-11 other newbie bloggers , you find interesting
5. Ask them 11 Questions
1. I am 33 years old, and a Human Resources Manager by profession – but I call it “cat herding”.
2. I am from the U.S. and have lived in Idaho, California, Illinois, and currently Alabama. I wouldn’t be surprised if I moved again – I’m a state hopper!
3. I use my writing as a coping mechanism to channel my “darker” feelings and thoughts into productive creativity
4. I am half Ojibwe/Cree, half German. I grew up on a reservation in North California
5. Honesty is one of the most important things to me in life, and I pride myself on doing my best to exemplify this trait, even when it would be in my best interest not to
6. My preferred clothing on an every day basis consists of slacks, dress shoes, and a polo or nice shirt
7. People are often – based on my appearance, I suppose – surprised to know that my favorite band is Rammstein, and I have 6 tattoos (and want more)
8. I really don’t like talking about myself, so this 11 facts thing is awfully hard to come up with!
9. I believe that life’s purpose is to never stop learning and bettering oneself. To accept where you are and “settle” is to defeat your purpose in life
10. I am an admitted food snob, and the worst thing about having moved to Alabama is the lack of good produce, ethnic food, and variety
11. My Instagram followers are bored to tears because I am obsessed with the beauty of trees and the sky, or any combination of the 2, and that is pretty much all I take pictures of
Questions from Mitali Pandey (Peppy Notes)
1. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Definitely a night person! No matter how sleepy I am during the day I always perk up at night
2. Whose birthday after yours are you really excited about?
My niece Violeta, she’s turning 5 in August – time flies by so fast!
3. Would you exchange your life with some one else? Who would it be?
No I would not. Of course there are other people who have material lives that I wish I could have, but they also have problems. Not knowing what problems I may be getting into I prefer to stick with what I have now and do my best to make it better!
4. What is your ultimate time travel destination?
I would love to travel back to Medieval, Ancient Greek, or Ancient Egyptian Times! Though I’m sure those periods are much romanticized lol
5. Would you want to change your name? To what?
Nope, I’m pretty ok with my name how it is.
6. Ever slapped a person in public? Wanted to?
Oh yes, and much more. Though this was when I was a pre-teen and teenager. I’m much more in control of myself now, lol.
7. The Best day of your life till now?
Is it sad that I really can’t tell you? I can’t think of one defining happiest day that I have had.
8. Your favourite dish?
Sushi! I know that’s not necessarily a dish, but I can’t get enough Sushi, I could eat it every day!
9. A tagline for yourself:
“Finding my way in life, one step at a time”
10. The last line of your biography would be?
“Wherever she ends up next, let’s hope she finds what she’s looking for.”
Questions from Kariazam
1. If you could have only one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
2. If you could go back in time and tell yourself something when you were at school, what would it be?
“Go to school in Seattle instead of Chicago”
3. Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
McGuyver, he could get us off that island just using a paperclip and a coconut, lol.
4. If money was no object, would you still dream the same dream?
Yes, my dream has always been to reach a point in life where I was financially comfortable enough to pursue interests such as Literature and Ancient History, that just doesn’t make sense for me to spend money studying right now
5. What is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already?
How to handle the myriad of responsibilities you have in the adult world
6. What one thing would you change if you had to do it over?
I would have kept up with the strict eating / physical activity rules that my dad had for me when I was growing up
7. If you could bring one musician back from the dead, who would it be and why?
Jimi Hendrix. I like him, and while he’s not my favorite – I think he was truly revolutionary and could have shaped a lot more in the future of music had he not passed away prematurely
8. If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which one would you give up?
Super tough question… Sight, smell, sound, taste, and touch. I think it would have to be sound. I would hate to give up hearing music, but I need my sight and it would be too dangerous to give up touch. Smell and taste are linked so I could not give up one without losing the other, and I love food and good smelling things… So, I guess sound it is!
9. If you could get away with a crime, would you? If yes, what would it be?
In theory, I’d say that yes I would rob a bank for millions and bajillions of dollars. But the truth is, I’d feel way too guilty after doing it and end up turning myself in, lol.
10. What’s your spirit animal?
Maybe this sounds strange, but I’ve always felt like I relate to the Tiger. A solitary animal who is both strong, and vulnerable at the same time.
11. What would be your “perfect” day?
A day spent doing exactly what I wanted, with no sort of limitations (getting tired, back pain, etc).
This is where I am supposed to nominate 5 – 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers, but after dinking around, I have NO idea who has how many followers, so I’m just going to choose my nominations otherwise!
1. What is your favorite quote?
2. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
3. Tell me one thing that makes you unique?
4. What is your biggest accomplishment?
5. Because I know we never have just 1, what are your 3 favorite books?
6. If you had the ability to go back in time or go forward in time, which would you choose and why?
7. If you could fix 1 problem in the world, what would it be?
8. If you could wish 1 mythological creature into existence, what would it be?
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
10. What are you going to do to be successful this week?
11. If I told you to go look in the mirror and tell yourself you’re awesome, will you go do it?
Now this is where I’m supposed to go about commenting on my nominees blogs to tell them they’ve been nominated. I’m sorry, I’m a bit of a rule breaker, I’m not going to do that. If they so happen to see this and want to participate – then I will be thrilled. If not, I understand.
With that being said, I hope that each of those I’ve nominated knows how much I enjoy reading their blogs, as well as the 2 ladies that nominated me. Thank you all for being a part of my little blogging life 🙂